Deadline: 29 May 2019
Applications are open for Agri-tech Catalyst round 8: agriculture and food systems innovation to increase the pace of development of agricultural and food systems innovation and its uptake by farmers and food systems actors in Africa.
UK businesses and research organisations can apply for a share of up to £3 million from DFID for projects with partners in eligible African countries.
- integrating smallholders into global and local supply chains
- increasing the value of production to smallholders
- control of crop pests, weeds and diseases
- meeting quality standards and improving productivity
- reducing food losses ‘post-farm gate’ and through the value chain
- addressing food safety issues through the value chain
- new food technologies and data-driven food systems, including for urban areas
- addressing challenges in downstream food processing, distribution or storage and value addition
- innovation that supports food systems to deliver nutritious, healthy and safe food
- Early stage feasibility studies: £100,000 to £500,000.
- Mid stage industrial research: £250,000 to £1 million.
- Late stage experimental development: £150,000 to £800,000.
All projects must:
- be collaborative
- include a partner from an eligible African country from the list below
- include a technical lead from any country
- include a UK-based administrative lead
- implement significant activity in the eligible African country
- include at least one business
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo, Democratic Republic of, Côte d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/334/overview#summary