The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking applications for its African Fellowship Program 2020.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or recently completed a Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Selected participants will:
- gain a better understanding of the World Bank’s operations.
- access quality data for their research.
- interact with and learn from seasoned experts in the field of development.
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in all relevant field of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, and demography.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period. Preference may be given to those born on or after Oct 1, 1988.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr/brief/world-bank-group-africa-fellowship-program
Deadline: 25 August 2019
Source: Funds For NGOs