The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Employee Services Officer
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Collaborate in facilitating welfare program for NRS such as medical registration and processing of reimbursement requested by staff, commiseration with families of deceased in line with the policy, handling NRS loan and salary advance;
- Contribute to the effective management of employee relation by promoting effective communication, engagement, and consultation with staff, staff association, and other internal stakeholders;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in the external environment such as in legislation, government policies, etc that may affect people management in order to ensure compliance;
- Proactively explore and exploit new sustainable opportunities in all aspect of employee services meeting a variety of staff’s need including employee assistance programs;
- Support the promotion of adherence to policies through enlightenment, information, and education while monitoring and analyzing report on matters relating to health and safety in offices, laboratories and field, punctuality, canteen services and other aspects of employee services;
- Support the processing of requests needing IITA’s legal retainer attention;
- Participate actively in the organization of IITA staff events (for example Sportsfest, Open Day family celebration, and annual Long Service Awards);
- Ensure availability of lunch tickets to eligible staff and support the smooth running of the canteen services;
- Prepare the employee services monthly reports;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- A good University degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Humanities or related fields with a minimum of four (4) years’ working experience performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Keen interest in wellness program and employee relation.
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office Packages).
- Excellent communication skill (Oral and written).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2019
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Hot Nigerian Jobs