The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-years renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Run shift duties as will be determined by roster and may be called upon during off days when the need arises;
- Carry out health education in all areas of nursing practice;
- Undertake clinical consultation when the need arises;
- Prepare drugs bills outside working hours;
- Evaluate accurate vital signs;
- Dress wound on routine and emergency basis;
- Carryout eye lavage, ear syringing and administration of parenteral medications;
- Set up intravenous infusion as the need arises;
- Administer all immunizations;
- Assess visual acquity using snellen’s chart;
- Accompany very ill patient to outside hospitals;
- Incision and drainage of abscesses;
- Suture some lacerated wounds;
- Enter patient’s attendance into the computer daily;
- Update yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Wash, autoclave and store instruments used in nursing care;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as need arises;
- Any other duties as may be assigned or necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in Nursing and Registered Midwife Certificate with any two (2) of the following:
- Diploma in Public Health Nursing
- Family Planning Certificate
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing
- Nursing Practitioners’ Certificate Express
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experiences in at least three of the following areas:
- Accident and emergency unit
- Outpatient department and medical wards
- Family Planning Unit/Family Health Unit
- Maternal & Child Health Unit
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary;
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Source: Hot Nigerian Jobs