AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Department: Control Department
- Control Manager will be the leader of the financial internal controls and will oversees the Governance, Controls, Risk and Compliance process in AgroMall.
- The Sr Manager Internal Control will lead strategic internal controls, conflicts resolution, and in instances proposing process improvement initiatives to mitigate or resolve risks.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor internal control activities, coordinate internal control activities in AgroMall.
- Responsible for proper application of accounting and financial controls, evaluates existing processes, recommending opportunities to streamline and standardize
- Identify Internal Control process improvement strategies to strengthen Internal Control Environment within AgroMall
- Collaborate and act as a liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies
- Ensure action plans and audit recommendations are properly and timely closed within AgroMall scope
- Leading day-to-day execution of various types of internal controls responsibilities and efforts.
- Creating and maintaining a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve control design and documentation.
- Training control owners and technical teams about controls and risk management.
- Planning and managing multiple parallel projects.
- Develops strategies and plans that have a positive impact and add value for all partners and Stakeholders;
- Provides direction, guidance and clarity on roles and responsibilities;
- Promotes a culture of learning and development, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Empowers the team to generate creative ideas and solutions;
- In consultation with the supervisor, keeps staff informed of decisions, presenting them in a manner that generates understanding and acceptance;
- Actively shares information and ideas, and encourages others to share their views and concerns;
- Uses tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive information or resolving delicate issues, paying attention to non-verbal cues;
- Uses professional judgment consistent with the Agency’s applicable regulations, rules and policies on confidentiality requirements to determine information to be disclosed on activities to be implemented;
- Models independent thinking and action, raises standards and motivates excellence
- Coaches team members to appropriately share knowledge across teams
- Addresses conflicts in a timely, sensitive manner; escalates to leadership when appropriate
- Expands team engagement and provides practical developmental support
- Works with individuals to set appropriately challenging development goals, explaining not just what to do, but why to do it.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience of experience in control management, consultant, internal auditor, risk advisory professional, or risk & controls oversight professional in financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- CPA or equivalent experience
- Big 4 experience required.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- SAP, FDM and HFM strongly preferred
- Exceptional servicing and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding relationship.
- Proficient in implementing Security policies, process, audits, SOX, SOD concepts.
- Internal Controls / SOX compliance experience as they relate to segregation of duties.
- Experience in a larger company, multi-unit environment preferred.
- Exposure to SAP GRC/Suite and understanding of authorization concepts across SAP components
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management from the supported business units, Ability to self-start, prioritize work and follow through
- Advanced MS Excel skills, managing spreadsheets and using advanced formulas
- Team management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- This position manages all employees of the Control department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply online
Source: Hot Nigerian Jobs